ISO 20000: Information Technology Services Management System
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 is the first international standard for IT Service Management. It was originally developed to reflect best practice guidance contained within the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework, although it equally supports other IT Service Management frameworks and approaches including Microsoft Operations Framework and components of ISACA’s COBIT framework. This standard promotes the adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services to meet business and customer requirements. For an organization to function effectively it has to identify and manage numerous linked activities. Co-ordinated integration and implementation of the service management processes provides the ongoing control, greater efficiency and opportunities for continual improvement.
Main Areas covered in this standard by QMS.9000
- Defining the Scope
- Planning and Implementing Service Management
- Fulfilling the requirements for a Management System
- Planning & Implementing New or Changed Services
- Defining Service Delivery Processes
- Defining Relationship Processes
- Defining Control Processes
- Defining Resolution Processes
- Defining Release Process
The ISO/IEC 20000 draws a distinction between the best practices of processes, which are independent of organizational form or size and organizational names and structures. The ISO/IEC 20000 applies to both large and small service providers, and the requirements for best practice service management processes are independent of the service provider’s organizational form. These service management processes deliver the best possible service to meet a customer’s business needs within agreed resource levels, i.e. service that is professional, cost-effective and with risks which are understood and managed.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 defines the requirements for an IT service provider to deliver managed services.
It may be used
- by businesses that are going out to tender for their services;
- to provide a consistent approach by all service providers in a supply chain;
- to benchmark IT service management;
- as the basis for an independent assessment;
- to demonstrate the ability to meet customer requirements;
- to improve services
- Introduction to ISO 20000 (1 Day)
- Advanced Training on ISO 20000 (ITSMS Lead Implementer) (3 Days)